Amber Kirchhoefer is the former deputy chief of staff to U.S. Senator Pat Roberts (R-KS), chairman of the U.S. Senate Agriculture Committee, and a 25-year veteran of the U.S. Senate. As deputy chief of staff, she was responsible for overseeing Senator Roberts’ legislative and political agenda. Prior to serving as deputy chief of staff, Amber spent nine years as Senator Roberts’ legislative director, working issues before nine Senate committees, serving as chief liaison to the Senate Finance and Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committees. Her experience includes passing the 2018 farm bill and biosecurity legislation. From appropriations to health care to tax and trade, Amber is well-versed in U.S. Senate rules and procedures and committee processes.
Prior to joining Senator Roberts’ staff, Amber worked for U.S. Senator Bob Bennett (R-UT), serving as a legislative assistant with responsibility for healthcare. In addition to working in Sen. Bennett’s personal office, she also served as professional staff on the Joint Economic Committee and the Senate Special Committee on the Year 2000 Technology Problem.
- Former Deputy Chief of Staff to Sen. Pat Roberts
- Experienced policy advisor in health care, appropriations, agriculture and trade
- Joined CGCN in 2021
- 2020: Deputy Chief of Staff, Senator Pat Roberts (R-KS)
- 2011-2019: Legislative Director, Senator Pat Roberts (R-KS)
- 2002 – 2010: Legislative Director, Senior Policy Adviser, Legislative Assistant, Senator Bob Bennett (R-UT)
- 2001 – 2002: Policy Analyst, Joint Economic Committee
- 1998 – 2000: Special Committee on the Year 2000 Technology Problem