Mike NielsenChief Finance and Management Officer
Mike Nielsen is a highly regarded expert on financial-services issues who had a hand in crafting every major piece of legislation that moved through the Senate Banking Committee from the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 through the Dodd-Frank Act of 2010. Nielsen served as the top banking aide to former Utah Sen. Robert Bennett in his capacity as a senior member of the Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs. In that post, he dealt with banking, taxes, international trade and other financial-services matters.
Nielsen began his career in Sen. Bennett’s office. He left Capitol Hill in 2010 to help the senator form The Bennett Group, where he represented financial sector clients with issues before Congress and helped them understand existing regulations. He joined CGCN in 2013 and continues to specialize in matters before the Senate and, more specifically, the powerful Senate Banking Committee.
- Accomplished financial services and appropriations advisor
- Professional Staff and Subcommittee Staff Director on the Senate Banking Committee for over a decade.
- Extensive work as a Senate staffer and outside consultant on appropriations issues.
- Joined CGCN in 2013
- 2011 – 2012: Partner, The Bennett Group
- 2007 – 2010: Staff Director, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions, Senate Banking Committee
- 2005 – 2007: Professional Staff, Senate Banking Committee, Sen. Robert Bennett (R-UT)
- 1999 – 2005: Economic Issues Legislative Assistant, Sen. Robert Bennett (R-UT)