Scott Riplinger is dedicated to helping clients develop and execute the strategies needed to succeed in Washington, DC. Having served on Capitol Hill for 15 years in leadership roles for two members of the Senate Finance Committee and Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee, he successfully crafted and advanced tax and financial services legislation while cultivating extensive knowledge and expertise in housing, commerce, trade, energy and appropriations policy.
Riplinger served as Legislative Director for Senate Finance Committee Ranking Member Mike Crapo and Senator Dean Heller, including serving as a liaison for the Senate Chief Deputy Whip where he worked hand-in-hand with Senate leadership. He was also Majority Staff Director for the Securities, Insurance, and Investment Subcommittee where he worked on policy connected to the U.S. Treasury Department and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Riplinger began his career with House Small Business Committee Chairman, Don Manzullo.
- Former senior aide to Senate Finance Committee Ranking Member Mike Crapo
- Accomplished financial services, tax, appropriations and commerce policy advisor
- Joined CGCN in 2020
- 2019 – 2020: Legislative Director, Sen. Mike Crapo (R-ID)
- 2011 – 2018: Legislative Director, Deputy Legislative Director, Senior Legislative Assistant, Legislative Assistant, Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV)
- 2017 – 2018: Majority Staff Director of the Securities, Insurance, and Investment Subcommittee, U.S. Senate Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs Committee
- 2013 – 2016: Majority and Minority Staff Director of the Economic Policy Subcommittee, U.S. Senate Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs Committee