Janelle GardnerSenior Vice President of Operations
Janelle Gardner comes to CGCN with over a decade of experience inside the federal government, serving in roles both in Congress and the Executive branch. Most recently, Gardner was one of the few key members of the President’s beachhead team facilitating the transition at the Department of Labor, laying the groundwork for the President-elect’s agenda before being tapped as the Director of Scheduling for Secretary Acosta, managing a team and the secretary’s daily logistics.
Prior to her service in the Trump Administration, Gardner directed Coalitions and Member Services for the House Education and Workforce Committee under Chairman John Kline, where she was the first point of contact for congressional offices and outside organizations. There she contributed to the success of a number of legislative initiatives, organized congressional delegation trips, worked closely with congressional leadership, and developed crucial partnerships inside and outside the beltway.
Before joining the committee, Gardner led scheduling and administrative operations for three prominent Members of Congress. She started her career on Capitol Hill in 2005 and scheduled for two other Congressmen before joining Chairman Kline’s office in 2010 as the Director of Scheduling.
- Over a decade of experience inside the federal government, both in Congress and the Executive branch
- Served as a key member of President Trump’s beachhead team facilitating the transition at the Department of Labor
- Joined CGCN in 2017
- 2017: Director of Scheduling, U.S. Department of Labor
- 2013 – 2016: Director of Coalitions & Member Services, House Education & Workforce Committee
- 2010 – 2013: Scheduler, Congressman John Kline, Chairman, House Education & Workforce Committee (R-MN)
- 2005 – 2010: Congressional Scheduler