John StipicevicChief Advocacy Officer
John Stipicevic understands the inner-workings of the House floor – and what it takes to pass or stop legislation – as well as anyone in Washington. He spent nearly a dozen years in the Capitol, most recently as a top aide to House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy. He helped party leaders and chairmen craft legislative strategies and count votes, as well as playing key roles in a number of contested leadership races.
Recognized as a “Top Lobbyist” by The Hill newspaper, Stipicevic spent a decade at the center of every major issue before the House of Representatives. He was a member of the whip operations under Rep. McCarthy and his predecessors, former Virginia Rep. Eric Cantor and former Missouri Rep. Roy Blunt. During Stipicevic’s time in the House, few aides developed such close ties to members of Congress. “He knows the make-up of each member,” McCarthy said. In a testament to his goodwill on both sides of the aisle, House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer also praised Stipicevic on the floor.
- Former Deputy Chief of Staff to Leader Kevin McCarthy for Floor Operations and Member Services
- Former Director of Floor Operations to then Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy
- Former floor aide to then Majority Whip Roy Blunt and Minority Whip Eric Cantor
- Joined CGCN in 2016
- 2014 – 2015: Deputy Chief of Staff for Floor and Member Services, Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)
- 2009 – 2011: Floor Assistant, Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA)
- 2007 – 2009: Staff Assistant, Deputy Scheduler, Floor Assistant, Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO)