Tim Pataki has held senior positions in Congress and the White House for over a decade.
Before joining CGCN, Pataki served as Assistant to the President and the Director of the White House Office of Public Liaison. Among other duties, he served as the White House’s top liaison to the business community, he worked with an array of stakeholders, from Fortune 500 executives, small & medium sized businesses, and a range of diverse trade associations across the country.
In that role, Pataki created and led the “President’s Great Economic Revival Industry Committee” to advise the federal government on COVID-related issues facing the nation’s economy. He also spearheaded the coalition and passage of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement Implementation Act, which stands as one of the largest bipartisan trade votes in recent history.
Pataki also served as Special Assistant to the President for Legislative Affairs, serving as the President’s representative in Congress, working with members of the House Energy & Commerce, Ways & Means, Transportation and Infrastructure, Agriculture, and Natural Resources Committees. Among other legislative accomplishments, he was instrumental in the planning, execution, and ultimately successful passage of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Prior to the White House, Pataki began his career working in the House of Representatives for then Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) as staff assistant. He then served as floor assistant to Eric Cantor (R-VA), then Majority Leader, focusing on the day-to-day operations of the House floor and member services for the House Republican Conference. Pataki closed out his congressional career as Senior Advisor and Director of Coalitions & Member Services for the House Energy and Commerce Committee, where he coordinated activities with the communications, energy, and healthcare industries.
Pataki currently serves as a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Smithsonian Institution.
- Former Assistant to the President and Director, White House Office of Public Liaison
- Former Senior Advisor & Director of Coalitions and Member Services, House Energy & Commerce Committee, then Chairman Fred Upton
- Former leadership aide to then Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy and Majority Leader Eric Cantor
- Joined CGCN in 2021
- 2019 – 2021: Assistant to the President, Director, Office of Public Liaison, Executive Office of the President
- 2018: Special Assistant to the President, Director of Business Outreach, Office of Public Liaison, Executive Office of the President
- 2017 – 2018: Special Assistant to the President, Office of Legislative Affairs, Executive Office of the President
- 2014 – 2017: Senior Advisor & Director of Coalitions and Member Services, House Energy & Commerce Committee, Chairman Fred Upton (R-MI)
- 2011 – 2014: Leadership Aide to then Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and then Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA), respectively
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Smithsonian Institution